Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Health & Wellness Programs and other Health Screenings topics.
Depression is a mental illness that affects millions of people, both men and women, everyday. It ranges from mild to severe and can increase or decrease as time passes. Some with depression still function normally, while others are incapacitated by it.
If depression is not treated, a person can face crises in all areas of their life. If you or someone you know is suffering, see your doctor. There is no shame in seeking help for depression.
Common symptoms of depression are listed below.
* Pervasive sad, anxious or "empty" state of mind
* Feeling hopeless
* Feeling guilty, helpless or unworthy
* Fatigue, lack of energy
* No interest in things that were once fun
* Memory or concentration loss
* Trouble sleeping or excessive sleeping
* Weight and appetite fluctuations
* Suicidal thoughts